Now that the Annual Enrollment Period has come to an end, it’s a great time to review your clients’ coverage and make sure their needs are met. Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Supplement Insurance, and Prescription Drugs Plans do not fully cover all of the risks in your clients’ lives. This is your chance to do two things; insure that your clients are well-covered for all of their health care risks, and increase your compensation.
Cross-selling to your current book of business is one of the most cost effective marketing plans that you can implement. You have built relationships with clients who are willing to open your emails, take your phone calls and listen to what you have to say.
JSA recommends a very simple and effective 4-step marketing plan that will not only help your client retention and satisfaction, but will increase your cross-selling potential.
- Verify your clients have received all of their 2017 health plan information, such as ID cards and policy/evidence of coverage.
- Set up an appointment to review their plan benefits. Keep in mind, at this review there is no need to take a Scope of Appointment since this is not a sales appointment for MA or PDP.
- At the appointment, reaffirm their plan selection and answer any outstanding questions they may have.
- Close the appointment by reminding them that this is only their health insurance coverage and that “you should NOT cancel or STOP paying for your Hospital Indemnity or Cancer/ Critical Illness policy.” JSA has created a form that you can use for this process.
When approaching ancillary health products in this non-aggressive method, you encourage your clients to ask about those plans.
Implement this cross-selling technique, and you will see:
- Increased commission
- Increased client retention
- Decreased competition from other agents
- Improved protection for your clients from health care costs
Reach out to JSA Marketing at 1-800-203-0433 for your Health Insurance Recap form, and for more information on the quality ancillary products we offer.