As an independent agent, choosing a National Marketing Association/Field Marketing Organization to partner with can be a very difficult decision. Furthermore, how do you know you’ve paired up with an agency that’s as dedicated to your success as you are? Here are 24 questions to ask when choosing a Medicare Marketing Agency, NMA or FMO:
- What is your toll-free number and what are your hours of operation?
- What is your turnaround time for returning voicemails/emails?
- Am I assigned to one account manager or can I work with any of the marketing staff?
- For in-depth cases, do you have product specialists I can work with?
- Can I order supplies directly from you?
- Do you have any direct carrier contacts for escalation issues?
- Do you have a Compliance Department that can assist with any questions?
- Do you have any pre-approved marketing pieces or can you help me create my own?
- Do you provide a prospecting list?
- Do you recommend any lead mailer companies and if so would I receive an association discount for working through you?
- Do you handle quotes or have an online system available?
Contracting & Commissions
- Are your contracts direct to the carrier and fully vested?
- Do you have a separate binding contract that you ask agents to sign on top of carrier contracts?
- Do you have any production requirements?
- Is there an opportunity to upgrade my contract(s) in the future?
- What is your release policy?
- Are commissions paid through you or direct from the carrier?
New Business Support
- Do you handle the processing of new business?
- Do you offer a secure electronic app submission method?
- What is your turnaround time for new business processing?
- Can you help check the status of applications?
- Do you have escalation contacts to help with any application issues?
- Do you offer any sales incentives to your agents?
- Would I qualify for all carrier direct sales incentives/bonuses?
Choosing the best organization to partner with makes all the difference in the success of your business, and knowing you made the right choice for a Medicare Marketing Agency, NMA or FMO takes a huge weight off your shoulders.